About EMS
  President's Message
  Food Reimbursement Programs
  Contact Us
  Request a Proposal
Dietician's Corner

MyPyramid Healthy Eating Tips for Kids:

  • Regularly choose whole-grain foods such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal and low-fat popcorn
  • Vary your veggies. Eat a variety of vegetables especially those that are dark green and orange
  • Enjoy fruits. Eat fruits for meals and snacks. Limit fruit juice.
  • Get your calcium. Build strong bones by enjoying low-fat and fat-free milk products each day
  • Choose lean protein. Eat lean or low-fat meat and poultry. Enjoy beans and peas.
  • Choose healthy oils such as corn, soybean, canola and olive oil for cooking
  • Avoid extra sugar. Choose foods that do not have sugar and caloric sweeteners as one of the first ingredients. Avoid sugary drinks

For more information and activities about health eating for kids visit www.MyPyramid.gov and click on “Kids”. At this website, play games, print coloring pages, worksheets, posters, and download educational materials.

Client Login

Retrieve Password

EMS ® 2008-2014
Toll Free (888) 665-4991

A National Food Service Management Company Founded 1991
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Q1: What are Food Reimbursement Programs?

Q2: Do I qualify for the Food Reimbursement Programs?

Q3: What are the requirements for participating?

Q4: What records am I required to keep?

Q5: What if I don't want the money, can I keep your services?

Q6: What if I work with adults?



A1: The Food Reimbursement programs are Federally funded programs which assists agencies and schools in providing nutritious meals to qualified recipients at reasonable costs. These programs originated some 50+ years ago and are administered at the Federal level through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).

back to top


A2: If you operate a for profit children’s day care center or adult day care center you may qualify for funding if a small percentage of your attending population come from income eligible households. If you hold a nonprofit tax-exempt status as defined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under code 501(c)3 and operate a day care center, residential child care institution, homeless shelter, adult day care center, skilled nursing care facility for children, group home for children, public and private schools, and many more, then you too may qualify for funding. See the “Food Reimbursement Programs” at the main menu for specific program benefits.

back to top


A3: If you are a private agency then you must be licensed by at least a State licensing authority. If you are a public agency, you need only serve the approved population and be licensed or certified by a State of Federal authority. See the “Food Reimbursement Programs” at the main menu for specific program benefits.

back to top


A4: Records that demonstrate that meals claimed for reimbursement meet nutritional standards set forth by the State and Federal government. In addition adequate portion control must be adhered to in order to determine all meals meet or exceed requirements set forth by governing bodies.

back to top


A5: Yes, EMS works with all types of foodservice programs who would like to do a better job. If you are interested in controlling your foodservice expenses, improving nutrition, we can help.

back to top


A6: EMS is committed to improving nutrition for all people. Our registered dietitians develop nutritional plans for children as well as adults. Whether you are looking for a specialized diet for personal use or institutional serving, we are here to help you.

back to top